About the Program
The Future 50 Awards program is the largest and most anticipated SmartCEO awards program of the year. This program recognizes 50 of the region’s fastest growing, mid-sized companies. These companies represent the future of the region’s economy and embody the entrepreneurial spirit critical for leadership and success. The winners, who are chosen based on a three-year average of employee and revenue growth, are listed alphabetically, not ranked. Winners are profiled in SmartCEO magazine and celebrated at a black-tie optional awards gala.
Note: Winners in large “Blue Chip” and small “Emerging Growth” categories will be announced in select markets. Inquire for market-specific qualifications.
Benefits of Applying
SmartCEO Awards Programs celebrate the achievements of the region’s top business leaders and build community by connecting them in person as they are honored at high-energy awards ceremonies. SmartCEO award winners are growth-minded leaders who possess a passion for driving outcomes that benefit their clients, their industries and their communities.
PRINT: Each Future 50 Award winner will be profiled in the award-winning SmartCEO magazine and at SmartCEO.com1515 for a combined monthly audience of more than 150,000 CEOs and C-level executives.
VIDEO: SmartCEO will capture each Future 50 Award winner’s inspiring story on camera at a custom program video shoot. Clips from each winners’ video interview will be used to introduce them the night of the event. Upon request, custom, personalized videos can be created for corporate marketing campaigns.
EVENT: Future 50 Award winners will celebrate and network with their successful peers and other industry leaders at a high-energy awards ceremony dedicated to honoring their achievements and building the local business community.
DIGITAL: Announce your SmartCEO award and build a following via social channels, press release, digital and print promotion, or broadcast your story using your personal SmartCEO Hub page and access the entire SmartCEO community. Digital promotion lends longevity, credibility and market recognition to your brand.
Application Process and Criteria
There is no cost to apply. If you are selected as an award winner it is mandatory that you purchase a discounted winner ticket to ensure your attendance at the event.
- Companies must be headquartered in one of the following metro markets: Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Long Island, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia or Washington, DC.
- Companies must have experienced steady and/or significant growth over the past three full fiscal years (2013 – 2015)
- Companies must generate a minimum of $5 million in annual revenue.
- Companies generating less than $5 million in annual revenue or more than $100 million in annual revenue will be considered for the Emerging Growth and Blue Chip categories, respectively.
- Applicants must hold a top leadership role in their company (chairman, CEO, president, owner, executive director of a nonprofit) for at least one year.
- Applicants must provide detailed and tangible accounts about the challenges, successes and strategy behind leading a company during fast growth.
Application Submission & Evaluation
Please complete the following application fields in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Upon completion of the application, applicants will receive notification that their application has been received and is under review. All applicants will be evaluated by an independent panel of local business leaders and assessed strictly based on the information provided in the application. Applicants will be notified of their status by a SmartCEO Market Director.
If you have questions about the Future 50 Awards program or the application process, contact us at:
New York: email@example.com
Washington, DC: firstname.lastname@example.org