The Family Business Awards program honors family businesses that make up the backbone of the American economy. From small, boutique operations to large multi-generational firms, these entrepreneurial families are building business legacies that will last for generations to come.
Why honor them?
More than two thirds of privately held businesses in the U.S. are family-owned firms. That’s why SmartCEO is celebrating the family businesses that are successful, growing and moving America forward. Honorees will be profiled in SmartCEO magazine and celebrated at a high-energy awards ceremony.
Who should apply?
- Companies must be headquartered in the Greater Baltimore, New York, Philadelphia, or Washington, DC, markets and generate a minimum of $2.5 million in annual revenue
- Companies must be family owned and operated
- Note: Non-owner family members working in the business must hold leadership roles
- Applicants must hold a top leadership role in their company (chairman, CEO, president, owner, executive director) for at least one year
- Applicants must provide detailed and tangible accounts about the strategy, vision, growth and lasting legacy of the family business
How your nominee is selected:
Honorees will be evaluated and chosen by an independent panel of local business leaders and assessed based on their company governance, growth, internal processes and building a legacy.