Let’s face it. Sometimes you are so busy doing your job that you don’t have enough time on the clock left to strategize your next move, let alone your next five moves. So what happens? Well, one day you look up and you can’t recall how you got here. You’re dumbfounded as you ask yourself, “where did all of the time go?” You try to reconcile what your career looks like today compared to what your ambitions had originally been.
Don’t let that happen to you. There really is no need for that.
You are the CMO (Chief Marketing Office) of your career. Own it—and act like it.
When was the last time you have taken an honest assessment of where you are and where you wanted to be? When was the last time you updated your material? Expanded your knowledge base or strategically done something to position you for success?
Don’t let one more day pass by saying that you don’t remember.
It’s time to take your career back and become the one everyone is talking about. Don’t know how? Give us a call and we will help you map out a plan to get to the next level.
Read below and check all that apply:
- The promotion you want seems to elude you.
- Your compensation package isn’t as lucrative as it should be and doesn’t reflect your worth.
- You aren’t being selected to sit on Boards or participate in high-profile activities.
- You aren’t considered an industry expert or thought leader.
- There is a gap between your talents and what opportunities are being presented.
- You don’t have a plan for successfully marketing yourself.
- You feel uncomfortable at the thought of “self-promotion” so let your work speak for itself.
- You don’t have a plan “B” if things don’t work out.
- You don’t have the influence you want both internally and externally.
- You often find yourself working someone else’s agenda.
- You don’t have the “ear” of decision makers.
- You don’t have an influential network.
- You don’t feel as though you are headed on a path of your own design.
- You don’t know how to stay relevant in an ever changing industry.
- You don’t know how to overcome past perceptions as you move in another area.
For more tips, tools and strategies on how you can stop being your industry’s best kept secret and instead catapult your visibility in the marketplace as well as inside of your organization, contact Jennifer Ransaw Smith, Chief Brand Strategist with Brand id | Strategic Partners at 240.600.0901 or visit us at www.personalelevation.com.